top shadow
BODY

retail profiles // sexy // modern vamp clothing

Modern Vamp Clothing

Modern Vamp Clothing - Front
www.modernvamp.com

Report

Q&A with Brenda Bechtel, president

Ted Vayos, BODY: Describe your store for our readers.

Brenda Bechtel: Modern Vamp Clothing is located on the northeast side of Columbus, a few blocks from the main outer belt and directly facing a main busy street. The store has two full window walls and is 1300 square feet. One year ago we relocated to this new location which has a more visual impact to the busy street. The mannequins are updated frequently to showcase our newest apparel. Modern Vamp Clothing is a very unique boutique which carries sexy dresses, tops, denim, club wear, exotic dance wear, lingerie, corsets, shoes and accessories. With the move to our new location, we added a little menswear too; designer shirts, hand printed tee shirts, underwear and exotic wear. The decor is modern and fun, black and white with hot pink accents, zebra prints and fun art work line the walls. In one area we have a black lit corner to show off our neon and glow apparel. Upbeat music and a friendly staff makes every customer feel welcome.

Ted: What makes your store special?

Brenda Bechtel: Modern Vamp is a very unique boutique and the only one of it’s kind in the Columbus area. We offer a wide selection of sexy dresses for any occasion which are ordered in limited quantities, to ensure our customers that they will have a unique look. We also offer Modern Vamp original designs of dresses, dance wear and theme party outfits.

Ted: What do you look for in a brand?

Brenda Bechtel: When buying for my store I look for quality merchandise at a great price. Pleaser shoes are the only brand I carry. I offer about 25 styles in stock and will special order any shoe or boot. Minor Creations dance wear is our top seller. I can order mix and match separates in a variety of colors, and they frequently change their fabric choices and styles. This keeps the store stocked with new merchandise that my customers have come to expect and enjoy. We also carry a large assortment of boxed lingerie and dance wear from Dreamgirl, Seven ‘Til Midnight, Lapdance, Leg Avenue, Music Legs, G World, Pink Lipstick and Baci. Voodoo Vixen and Bedroom Stories are two brands we carry that have that pinup girl feel. We recently added french designs by Patrice Catanzaro and Italian designs by OutX. Our menswear includes shirts by OutX, Roar and Bob Bennett, hand painted tee shirts by a local artist Alexander Minturn (R Boy Ax) and Male Power underwear.

Ted: Describe the popular styles or trends in your store.

Brenda Bechtel: In woman’s dresses anything slashed or ripped is hot. Corsets are hot year round and not just for lingerie. Ravewear, neon and glow are very popular with our younger customers.

Ted: Describe your price points and size ranges.

Brenda Bechtel: Dresses range from $32.00 - $78.00. Corsets from $38.00 - $88.00 Lingerie from $24.00 - $44.00. Shoes range from $48.00 - $92.00. Dance wear outfits range from $28.00 - $58.00 Jewelry and accessories from $5.00 - $32.00. Mens tee shirts run about $30.00 while dress shirts range from $48.00 - $96.00.
In woman’s and men’s apparel we carry size Small – 3X.

Ted: What is your typical or average customer size?

Brenda Bechtel: Our average female customer is size 8-10, average male L-XL.

Ted: What does the average customer spend per visit?

Brenda Bechtel: The average customer spends about $50.00.

Ted: Describe your customer.

Brenda Bechtel: I’d say about 80% of our customers are women between 18 – 55, the remaining 20% are men between the ages of 35-55.Couples love to come in and browse our boutique together. We have several customers from alternate lifestyles as well as a solid LGBT customer base, who we welcome with respect.


To have your company considered for the BODY BEST RETAILER award, and to have your store or retail web site profiled here, and to be linked to the BODY web site, Fill Online Form or download the form here. Once you fill out the form, fax it to 718 676 4449 or email to ted@fmmg.com

Contact Information: (718)676-4444
Copyright © 2017 Fashion Market Magazine Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
All photos Copyright © 2000-2018 Nick Monjo & Fashion Market Magazine Group. All rights reserved.
Please email any website related issues to bodymagazinefmmg@gmail.com
bottom shadow