(Filed Under wholesale Lingerie News). Sean Monahan, formally of Fantasy Lingerie, hopes to inject some unique styling into the market with Raveware, his new brand set to hit the market in January 2010. “What we are trying to do is be different from everything else out there,” Monahan, who is the founder and owner of Raveware, said. “That is what I’ve been hearing from customers; that there isn’t a lot of newness out there, so I’ve created some very unique silhouettes, and colorways in select styles that are more vibrant than most. I want people to look at this and say ‘I don’t already have that covered.'”
The line—which is still in production—will encompass over 100 styles across about 20 groups with three or four styles in each. About 75 percent of merchandise will consist of lingerie, with the remaining 25 percent split equally between dancewear and hosiery. Sizes for select styles will run from XS to 3X, and wholesale prices from $8 to $22 with most falling in the $10 to $20 range. In addition to bright colors, Lamé fabrics will make an appearance, as well as fishnet variations and faux-leather styles. Silhouettes will include chemises, corsets, bustiers and stockings, among many others. The company is targeting the line toward youthful women in their 20’s and 30’s.
Also included will be a boxed lingerie line consisting of 25 to 30 styles with “very attractive packaging,” said Monahan. “I’m making a very strong effort at having one of the most attractive packages out there with both the hosiery and the boxed line. I have some experience with packaging from my time at Fantasy, and I’m extremely excited to see how people react to this.”
In order to offer the buyers exactly what they are looking for, Monahan is keeping his ears open. He previewed 10 Raveware groups at September’s International Lingerie Show (ILS), and is listening to the advice buyers gave him there. “ILS gave me more focus. I got some great feedback from customers on how much they liked the line, and what they would like to see more of. I am taking their advice into consideration and creating looks that will work for the majority of customers.” As a result of the show, C&S, among others, have picked up Raveware, and other major sexy apparel retailers have expressed interest, said Monahan.
Sean is also working to connect directly with consumers. Raveware has been conducting focus groups to see what prospective consumers like before the company approves them for the final line-up. Only the top 100 most popular styles will make it into the 2010 line. “What I am finding is that the focus groups that previewed the line as well as the retailers at ILS liked many of the same styles,” he explained.
“Most manufacturers don’t have the time or luxury to prescreen their entire collection to focus groups, and/or their top customers, before the catalogs are printed, so they really don’t know what’s going to perform initially. I wanted to get a strong indication of what our demographic liked best before the line was completed, so I can go to all our retailers with confidence that this line comprises the strongest silhouettes.”
Raveware is based in Northridge, Calif. For further information or to request a Ravewear catalog, call (888) 577-5752, or e-mail Info@Raveware.net.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in comments published on bodymagazine.us are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of Bodymagazine or its staff.
NOTE: Your Email will not be displayed.